The Class of 2016 can really be super proud of their achievements during the year. Recently Newcastle High School presented these outstanding learners with awards at the annual prize-giving. At least 70 awards to given to the matrics, with Yathil Matabadal walking away with no less than 11 awards, which included top achiever awards in Life Orientation, English Home Language, Engineering and Graphics Design, Physical Science and 1st place in Grade 12 overall.
- First Language of the learner at his/her current school must be ENGLISH HOME LANGUAGE
- For a child to be eligible for admission to this school, they must comply with the admissions criteria as determined by the Governing Body (please ask secretary/admin for criteria).
- Acceptance at Newcastle High School is NOT GUARANTEED
- If any facts reflected in this application form prove to be incorrect, the School reserves the right to reject the application, whether or not the application has been previously accepted. It is an offence to make a false statement about any item pertinent to this application, such as the age and identity of a child, place of residence, guardianship or previous academic achievement.
- By making this application for admission to the School, the learner and the parents accept that on such admission, the learner will be bound by the Code of Conduct and Regulations of the School throughout the learner’s stay at the School.
- This form must be completed in full by the applicant’s parent/s or legal guardian.
- Parent as defined in S.A. Schools Act, No 84 of 1996
- The parent or guardian of a learner;
- The person legally entitled to custody of a learner; or
- The person who undertakes to fulfil the obligations of a person referred to in paragraph (a) and (b) towards the learner’s education at school.
- This application willonlybe processed once all relevant documentation has been received.
Code of conduct ( enrolment )
The Code of Conduct and the regulations provide a system for the conduct of learners at Newcastle High School and in so doing provides a learning environment for all learners to develop their talents and capabilities and the recognition of the uniqueness of the individual.
The Code of Conduct and Regulations:
- Promotes the rights of all learners, educators and parents
- Emphasises the idea that learners should responsibility for themselves
- Prohibits all forms of unfair discrimination and intolerance
- Combats disruptive and offensive conduct
- Certified copy of birth certificate/I.D of Learner
- Certified copy of latest report of learner
- Certified copies of BOTH parents’ ID
- Guardianship (if necessary – copy of Court Ruling) – Certified
- Electricity Account/Rate’s Account (latest, original) in parent’s name
- 1 Passport size photo of learner
- Immigration Status documents (if applicable)
The school fees for 2019 are R7046.00 per learner.